As part of the Paleo plan I’ve been on the past few weeks, I made these guys the other day and I couldn’t believe how good they were. It was pretty simple to make and I found myself wanting more the next day. Here’s how I made these little gems.
- 6 strips of bacon of turkey bacon
- 6 eggs
- 1 small medium tomato, cut into 6 slices
- 1/3 cup onions, chopped
- 3-4 white button mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat over to 325.
- Cook bacon as directed.
- In skillet, take a 1/2 tsp flax seed oil and cook chopped onions and mushrooms until softened.
- Place tomato slices in the bottom of muffin tin. Circle the inside of each cup with 1 strip of bacon.
- Break an egg into muffin cup and season with pepper.
- Add sauteed mushrooms and onions over the egg.
- Fill any unused tins with water to protect from burning.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.